The term “Plumbnest Ltd or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 24 Leominster Walk, Morden, SM4 6HB, United Kingdom. Our company registration number is 9216867. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
– The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
– Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
– Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
– This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
– All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
– Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
– From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
– Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
By ‘Services’ we mean anything offered by Plumbnest Ltd, across all the trades we cover (Plumbing, Heating, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Emergencies) and covers all aspects such as: Enquiries, Estimates, Project Work, Installations, Repairs, Emergency, Servicing and Guarantees
We are not to be under any obligation to provide an estimate to you and will only be bound by quotations given in writing to you and signed by an authorised representative. All our quotations are valid for maximum 14 days from issue unless otherwise clearly stated within. All estimates and quotations are to be written, we cannot be bound by verbal estimates which may occur and only serving for giving a general idea of pricing and other terms. We use all the contents on this website to provide you with clear idea about our services. Please note we are not to be held liable for any inaccuracy in the content, if any, there might be simply misspells or grammar unintentional errors. Some of the contents are submitted voluntarily and we don’t claim 100% accuracy of it.
- Terminology – For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words have the following meanings:
• “Us/We/Our” refers to Plumbnest Ltd.
• “You” refers to you: the customer (the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out work and/or supply or materials).
• “Tradesperson/tradespeople” refers to the representative(s) appointed by Plumbnest Ltd. to carry out work.
We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work. We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to designate the tradesperson/tradespeople who will represent us.
- General – These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions will prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions, and all contracts awarded between us and you, shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
- Invoices & Payment
Upon your agreement for us to carry out quoted and booked works, a deposit payment of 30% of the total is payable immediately. We reserve the right to request full payment in advance at our discretion.
Upon completion of work you will be invoiced, for which payment is due on receipt. Plumbnest reserves the right to accrue and charge interest on any part of an invoice which remains unpaid at a rate of 4% over the base rate until payment is received by us in full.
You accept sole liability to make payment in full, unless you disclose when initially instructing us, to carry out work and/or supply materials that you are acting on behalf of a third party.
In some circumstances, further work may only become apparent to be necessary after agreed work has begun. This may be due to unforeseen circumstances which are not visible or known at the time of the original quotation / estimate. Any alteration to the original specification will be quoted in writing and must be accepted before the work continues.
- Cancellation – If you need to cancel (or rearrange) your booking, you must notify us (preferably by telephone) by the end of the working day before the scheduled booking. Cancellations made further in advance should also be made by telephone, and you should request written confirmation from us, so that you are not liable for charging.
If you cancel your instructions more immediately prior to work being carried out, or materials being supplied, you will be liable for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us, together with the profit that would have been made by us, in accordance with the original instructions.
- Snagging – Where the Works have been completed subject to snagging, 95% of all amounts outstanding must be paid on such completion and the Customer must provide access for Plumbnest Ltd without delay to enable the snagging to be completed. The balance of 5% will become payable upon the finalisation of the snagging or, if access has not been made available to carry out the snagging within 14 days of completion, respectively on 15th day.
- Guarantee – For your peace of mind, we provide a 12 month guarantee on labour carried out by a Plumbnest Ltd tradesperson, in respect of defective workmanship only. This is active from the date of completion of work, in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty/warranties.
The guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by us is:
• Subject to misuse or negligence.
• Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Plumbnest Ltd tradesperson. We will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by you & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
We will not guarantee any work in respect of:
• Blockages in waste or drainage systems.
• Any work undertaken on instruction from you and against the written or verbal advice of the tradesperson.
Work is only guaranteed in respect of work directly undertaken by us and full payment having been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by us will not be guaranteed.
Where we agree to carry out work on installations of inferior quality (or over ten years old) no warranty is given in respect of such work and we accept no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such work or otherwise.
We will only be liable for rectifying our own guaranteed work and will not be held responsible for any ensuing damage or claims resulting from other work overlooked or subsequently requested and not undertaken at the time.
We will not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed, or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where you have been notified by the tradesperson either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in our comments/recommendations.
We shall not be held liable for any delay, or consequences of any delay, in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control (such as delayed deliveries, bad weather, severe traffic blockages etc.) and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
We will be entitled to fully recover the costs or damages from any tradesperson whose negligence or faulty workmanship makes us liable to pay for those damages or rectification of work.
You will be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of the Gas Safe Regulations or any Gas Warning Notice issued by a Pimlico tradesperson. Our tradespeople operate under their own individual Gas Safe Registration and, as such, are solely responsible for any gas related work and subsequent liability.
- Title to Goods – Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises, shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property we have the absolute authority to:
• Retake, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of these goods.
• Enter any premises, at any time and without notice, in which goods or any part thereof is installed, stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be.
• Seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods.
The risk in such goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value, and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
- Commencement and Completion Dates – Dates specified for the commencement and completion of the Works are estimates only. Plumbnest Ltd. shall use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that it will attend on the date and time agreed. However, it accepts no liability in respect of non-attendance or late attendance on site or for the late or non-delivery of materials. Time shall not be of the essence of the Contract except for Cancellation, as above.
- Waste Management – Unless agreed in writing between the parties, the Customer will be responsible for the removal from site of all waste materials resulting from the Works.
- Waiver, Variation – No waiver by Plumbnest Ltd of any breach by the Customer shall operate as a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach by the Customer. No variation shall be effective against Plumbnest Ltd unless sanctioned in writing by Plumbnest Ltd. No forbearance or delay on Plumbnest Ltd’s part shall prejudice Plumbnest Ltd’s rights and remedies under this Contract.
- Satisfaction – Plumbnest are committed to providing professional, high quality service to every customer. If, after we have carried out the work, you are not wholly satisfied with our service(s) you must provide us with written notice within 30 days. You must allow us or our insurers the opportunity to both inspect and carry out remedial works where appropriate. Failure to do so will result in ceasing any liability of ours in respect of any defects in the work carried out.
Nothing in this Contract is intended to confer on any person any right to enforce any term which that person would not have but for The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Accordingly, a person who is not a party to this Contract shall have no rights under that Act to enforce any of its terms, but this does not affect any right or remedy of such person which exists or is available apart from that Act. Our Terms and Conditions are legally binding and may be subject to change, with no further obligation to prior inform visitors and/or users